Monday, January 5, 2015

A thing called hope...

I've been blog-touring (is that even a word?) for a few days now. It's left me very introspective. I wrote, The Last Stored, to explore a daughter's love for her parents, and the pain of losing a loved one, but it became so much more to me. Books often take on a life of their own don't they.


A dear writing friend asked me what I wanted the reader to get out of my book, and I told her - hope. I want the reader to see hope among its pages, that even after death we can survive.  Life offers hope.  Sometimes we struggle through life stuck in our own routine. Often times we hear that little voice telling us to go for it, but more often we stomp on that voice and keep doing what we are doing.

That is what Amber is like at the beginning of The Last Stored, she knows something is wrong, but she just can't put her finger on what it is. She thinks she is seriously losing it when a Wonderlunk lands on her garden fence.  Then a boy, flies through her kitchen window, YICKES, she must need to be institutionalized. But she begins to make decisions which change the course of her life and saves a world.

Amber was rescued from her dull grief stricken life, and taken to a land of unimaginable beauty. Her life was forever changed.

Our own life can be changed through a single step, by taking a leap. Hope in my savior, Jesus, saved my life, and changed it forever. All because I made a decision to follow Christ. How blessed am I to have this thing called hope, and that is what I wish for my readers - hope in Christ.

May you make a decision like Amber.  Your decision will change your world.

Blurb for THE LAST STORED:
After the sudden death of her parents, making it through the day is a struggle for Amber Megan Peel. In the midst of her grief, an exquisite bird perches on her garden fence and shows her visions of a vivid landscape and a dark lord slouching upon a throne.  She thinks the visions are tied to her sorrow. But when a boy flies through her kitchen window to tell her she’s the Last Stored, she wonders if she’s just lost her mind.

Cree of Din is tasked with one job: Bring Amber home. For seven years, Cree has trained as her protector and it is the ultimate responsibility. Failure means Amber’s certain death, and that’s not an option for Cree – especially since he’s falling in love with her.

The Returning has begun. Now all Amber and Cree have to do is enter Tali, a world of unimaginable splendor and equally unimaginable horror, and defeat Lorthis. If they can’t, not only will Tali plunge into darkness, but so will Earth.

Available January 6th 2015

You can find The Last Stored here:
You can connect with me here:
Twitter: @SoniaPoy 




No comments:

Post a Comment