Say it again, it's fun.
By the way I love the word resolutions. It's kind of fun to say, resolution. I also love the meanings of words so I thought I'd share googles definition:
I started my list the last week of December. This would surely give me enough time to whip up some love-
Then a sound pierced the scene and the dream collapsed. I cringed hoping I actually didn't hear what I knew to be the most dreaded sound on the planet...
Yeah, so much for a perfect list.
We've all been there, trying to find the right key to unlock our hidden potential. Let's face it, it comes down to actual work, nothing magical about that...
So with tongue firmly protruding out of my mouth I go to work, after cleaning up the cat throw-up of course.
I broke my resolutions into three parts
And since I think being accountable sharpens iron, I'm sharing mine with you!
- Start my day off with prayer and Bible reading.
- Pray specifically.
- Start eating right. (Lose a few pounds. This time I mean it!!)
- Memorize one bible verse a week.
- Plan my week out every Sunday.
- Read 24 books.
- Find one thing to be grateful for daily and write it on my calendar.
- Praise God for his goodness every single day.
- Teach my daughter to sew
- Date night with the hubs every two weeks
- Help my son find a small group he could fit into.
- Turn off the TV/put down the phone and play games.
- Pray that our oldest daughter would find a job after graduating from college.
- Edify each member (stop the nagging)!!
- Think before I speak - my opinion isn't always necessary (
this one made me laugh). bawhahah
- Finish first draft of the In-Between by February 1
- Finish second draft by February 14
- Finish editing by end of February.
- One blog post a week.
- Write new book by November (including drafts and edits).
- Don't compare myself to others, keep your head down and do the work.
- Attend a Writing Convention/Conference.
- Become an Intern with an Agent (I think I may have this one...
- Learn more and more about my craft. (To be stagnate is to die.)
But I didn't stop there.
Each of those goals is broken down further - either assigning a set in stone date (using my radio voice for that one) or a week by week plan on how I'm to achieve that!