Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Resolution - 2016

RESOLUTION

Say it again, it's fun.

Image result for resolutions
Okay, so I'm a few days behind for New Year's Resolutions.

By the way I love the word resolutions. It's kind of fun to say, resolution. I also love the meanings of words so I thought I'd share googles definition:
res·o·lu·tion
ˌrezəˈlo͞oSH(ə)n/
noun
plural noun: resolutions
  1. 1.
    a firm decision to do or not to do something.
    "she kept her resolution not to see Anne any more"
    synonyms:intentionresolvedecisionintentaimplanMore
  2. 2.
    the action of solving a problem, dispute, or contentious matter.
    "the peaceful resolution of all disputes"
    synonyms:solution to, answer to, end to, ending to, settlement of, conclusion to
    Asatisfactory solution of the problem"

I started my list the last week of December. This would surely give me enough time to whip up some love-erly (yeah, I made up that word) goals. I blinked at the white screen on my computer trying to formulate the perfect list. The list that will make me a better person. I stared a long, long time. Visions of a tranquil forest wafted into my mind. I sat on a mossy rock, my feet skimmed the surface of a bubbling creek. The smell of pure oxygen filled my lungs. A bluebird alighted on a twisted branch. The bird spread out its wings and there, tattooed on the feathers, my resolutions. I just need to get closer to see them. With silent steps I hoped over stone and root. I held my breath. I  squinted; I could almost make out the words.

Then a sound pierced the scene and the dream collapsed. I cringed hoping I actually didn't hear what I knew to be the most dreaded sound on the planet...


A cat throwing up.

Yeah, so much for a perfect list.

We've all been there, trying to find the right key to unlock our hidden potential. Let's face it, it comes down to actual work, nothing magical about that... or is it? I, after all, do live in my own little fantasy land. If I didn't, I wouldn't be a writer.

So with tongue firmly protruding out of my mouth I go to work, after cleaning up the cat throw-up of course.

I broke my resolutions into three parts - Personal, Family, and Writing

And since I think being accountable sharpens iron, I'm sharing mine with you!

Personal-

  • Start my day off with prayer and Bible reading.
  • Pray specifically.
  • Start eating right. (Lose a few pounds. This time I mean it!!)
  • Memorize one bible verse a week.
  • Plan my week out every Sunday.
  • Read 24 books.
  • Find one thing to be grateful for daily and write it on my calendar.
  • Praise God for his goodness every single day.


Family- 
  • Teach my daughter to sew
  • Date night with the hubs every two weeks
  • Help my son find a small group he could fit into.
  • Turn off the TV/put down the phone and play games.
  • Pray that our oldest daughter would find a job after graduating from college.
  • Edify each member (stop the nagging)!!
  • Think before I speak - my opinion isn't always necessary (bawhahah this one made me laugh).
Writing- 
  • Finish first draft of the In-Between by February 1st.
  • Finish second draft by February 14th.
  • Finish editing by end of February.
  • One blog post a week.
  • Write new book by November (including drafts and edits).
  • Don't compare myself to others, keep your head down and do the work.
  • Attend a Writing Convention/Conference.
  • Become an Intern with an Agent (I think I may have this one... soon!)
  • Learn more and more about my craft. (To be stagnate is to die.)

 But I didn't stop there.

Each of those goals is broken down further - either assigning a set in stone date (using my radio voice for that one) or a week by week plan on how I'm to achieve that!  

For this week, I have a bible verse, a book, a journal/calendar to write my praises/prayer requests in, and a menu.



So what are your resolutions? Plans? Goals? Share away, so we can cheer each other on!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment