Thursday, February 5, 2015

Top five favorite movies and quotes

My husband and I speak in movie-ish. A certain language relating to all the movies we've ever seen, and since we've been married a good long time, we have a rather extensive vocabulary. Since he's not a big time reader, we found our common ground with movies.  You might think I love a good chick flick, but nope, I like to see things blow up or someone's got to die. (Boy that sounds morbid, I promise I'm not.)

I could name a laundry list of movies, but I thought I'd keep it to my top five favorite movies along with my favorite lines, in no particular order.


  1. The Village  - boy in the woods: There's something in these  woods. It turns my stomach to rot.
  2. Terminator  - little boy who snaps Sarah's picture: There's a storm coming.
  3. Amadeus - Salieri: That was God laughing at me. Through that obscene giggle.  
  4. The Gladiator -  Commodus: If you're very good, tomorrow night I'll tell you the story of emperor Cladius who was betrayed by those closest to him, by his own blood  They whispered in the dark corners and went out late at night and conspired and conspired by the emperor Cladius knew they were up to something.  He knew they were busy little bees. And one night he sat down with one of them and he looked at her and he said. "Tell me what you've been doing busy little bee or I shall strike down those dearest to you.  You shall watch as I bathe in their blood." And the emperor was heartbroken.  The little bee had wounded him more deeply than anyone else could ever have done. And what do you think happened then Lucius? 
  5. Labyrinth - Sarah: Give me the child. Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered. I
    have fought my way  here to the castle beyond the Goblin City to take back the child that you have stolen.  For my will is as strong as yours, and my kingdom is as great.  




You can see, someone died in all the above, wait, no one died in Labyrinth... I'll have to re-think my movie laws now. I could go on with other lines.  My husband has a completely different list. But most days we end up saying. "Come with me if you want to live."

So what are your favorite movies and quotes?







No comments:

Post a Comment