Monday, October 6, 2014

The Freight Car of Life

When did life happen?


I can't hardly believe it.  Life is hurtling ever forward at a break neck speed and nothing I do can slow it down.

Why is it when you are in high school you just can't wait to be out on your own.  You lick your lips in anticipation, you study the clock as it ticks, anxious to be done with your day until you can start living your life. When your plans will be yours and yours alone. But a funny thing happens as you wait - Life happens: graduation, marriage, birth, death, trials, happiness, sadness.

All those moments slam together forming a freight train of your life. 

Each car a minute, a year, an event until they form a long chain that make up who you are.  The train struggles to make it up the mountain of life, but suddenly you're on the crest of a hill. The engine balances over the

precipice for just a second, then it gains strength and barrels down. You realize that your train has no breaks. Nothing you can do can stop it.

I can't put a finger on when I started to descend; I just know I have.  I'm past the climb, and life is speeding by.

But something pretty cool has happened. 


The wind is in my hair, I don't care so much what people think of me, I've honed out my goals in life and have focused them. My hands are over my head and I'm letting life happen. Are bad things going to happen, um yeah, but now I know bad things are mixed with the good.

My husband asked me this weekend, if you could go back in time to the happiest time of your life when was it.  Honestly, I couldn't pinpoint a moment in time, but had a group of moments where life was just about perfect.

I think'll look back on this moment as a perfect moment, and say God has blessed me more than I know.  

Psalms 90:10  As for the days of our life, they contain seventy years, Or if due to strength, eighty years, Yet their pride is but labor and sorrow; For soon it is gone and we fly away. 





No comments:

Post a Comment